Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Goals

Having a goal is essential to life. To wake up everyday and have something to work forward to gives you a reason to keep going. Goals are very important to being happy. To work towards your future goals every single day will give you a feeling of purpose. The best part about it is that if you are serious about something you can accomplish anything. My feeling about goals began when I was very little, when I would watch the movie Rudy I would get chills up my spine and tears would fill my eyes when he ran on to the Notre Dame football field ;as every one was chanting his name RUDY RUDY RUDY . He lived his entire life hearing people say "you will never be a Notre Dame football player." Then he proved them wrong . His day finally came and if you've seen the movie you know it was magical!!!  The first time I set a goal was in high-school. I had played baseball all of my life and it was very important to me. I grew up playing with my brother and my mom was at everyone of our games. I was not best baseball player but I would consider myself a above average. Coming into high- school at Round Rock as a baseball player was going to be awesome I could not wait. The only problem was I did not make the team. I wasn't fast enough. I was shocked I felt like everyone I knew would be disappointed in me. I walked home that day and I have to admit I was in tears. I had never failed at something I truly cared about.  Something went off in me that would change my life forever. I decided I wasn't going to give up on baseball and I was going to try out next year. I went all out training harder and longer than I knew anybody would be. I wanted to find out if a person could accomplish anything they set their mind to. Everyday I was working, running sprints, hitting at the cages; I wanted this more than anything I had ever wanted in my life. I knew everyone thought I was done with baseball and I wanted to prove them wrong. The next year tryouts came and I made Round Rock Dragons Varsity baseball team !!! From that year forward my life would always have a goal. I now know I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. Right now I have set my goal on real estate and making it in this business with hopes of one day having the chance to make a difference. Goals are great for the soul and they give you a path. I recommend setting goals for yourself and make them BIG!!!! the only thing that can stand in your way is yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment