Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

First Contract (story for begining agents)

My first contract was with that man I told you about who lives in the area by the oil field.The man with the 9 year old daughter. You remember that area that looks like a seen from a horror movie.  I showed him a couple houses that he loved. I was told this man was rough around the edges.When I met him I realized what some people think is rough around the edges is nothing what I think. I have grown up around some pretty hardcore guys. Sweet Lynn is about as hardcore as they come.All of my uncles are pretty rough guys so this guys seemed more like a regular dude to me.  He ended up taking me to dinner which I would normally love execpt for the fact that I had just ate at my favorite mexican resturant Taqueria El Alteno # 3. I had 3 breakfast tacos, chips and salsa and a modelo. I didn't want to be rude so I ate again; guess what kind of resturant we went to ... Mexican lol I. I had a full plate and I left the resturant as full as I have ever been. The next day we put in an offer for 75 with the seller paying 5 of the closing costs. The seller counter offered by crossing out the 5 on the closing costs and my client got mad. He thought this was disrespectful and he said forget it!! I saw his rough side come out a little more as he was yelling on the phone. He wasn't yelling at me. He was mad at the seller and expressing the anger through me. He was sayin ...... Well ok im not going to go into details. I tried to explain to him its ok we can counter offer back, and our first offer was in essence a counter offer. He didn't care he said "we will find another one." I knew we could but it would be tough and I really wanted to get his daughter out of this area quickly .This was the perfect house for him in his current situation. I came to realize that we werent going to get this house. So I started looking again.This move afterall was 100% his call, he was in charge. I learned from Mario Jannatpour to never get discouraged on showing a client a lot of houses.He once showed 106 houses before he got his client the right one. I called the seller and told them I am sorry but his first offer is going to be his final offer. I wasnt thinking that the seller was going to do anything about this.  I thought the deal was over, but I was wrong the seller called me back two hours later and said we will take it!!!  My first contract!!!! I know there is alot that goes on after a contract is signed ( inspection, replacements ect. )  and I am about to get into the process. The closing date is September 30. I will keep you updated on how it goes, but for those new agents like myself dont think the contract is all you need!!! keep going and do your best. Hard work pays off. Do your best for your client, never try to make a quick comission, and never tell your client he is wrong around not getting a certain house. Hopefully you can learn something from my first contract or just enjoy my story.

6 comments:

  1. congrats on your first contract! hope it closes smoothly. sometimes "playing hardball" and sticking to your offer gets the deal done on your client's terms, right? ....even if that wasn't your intention! guess you could call it "unintentional hardball". haha. may this be the first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH yes unintentional hardball I like that alot!!Thanks for your comment. Im tryng to figure this blog out how did you read my blog like where did you see it from twitter? of just following my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha sorry about the Anonymous like I said im tryin to figure this out lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 1st contract!! As soon as I get my license - I'm going to come work for you ;) - Jackie K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha thanks mrs jackie how about teifke kostreba associates

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, just saw your comment now. I subscribed to the blog when you started sharing the links on twitter. Subscribed through Google Reader, and they're delivered automatically to an app called Reeder on my Mac.

    ReplyDelete